Swinging into a theater near you July 3 2012, and into Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend, Marc Webb‘s The Amazing Spider-Man now has a trailer. Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, Denis Leary and more, this is your first official, moving look at the highly anticipated 3D superhero reboot. Check it out after the jump.
What you’ll find most interesting about this trailer is the fact how is how it plays up the smaller aspects of the movie. Peter’s parents, his awkward social life, and how the origin story looks similar – but all together different – from Sam Raimi’s version.
As a teaser trailer, though, I kind of wish the trailer was just the point of view stuff at the end. The audience would have had no idea what they were looking at, and slowly they’d realize with the reveals of the hands and then, once the point of view swings toward the building, it’s Spider-Man.
That said, we know from all the set photos and spy videos of stunts being performed that this is not a small movie. It’s not the movie this trailer makes it out to be, which sort of looks like a superhero Twilight. No, this is a big action movie with massive practical effects all shot in painstaking 3D with a hefty price tag. This trailer really doesn’t sell that.
But are you buying what this is selling? We all know, originally, this is the movie Sony wanted to make, a smaller version of Spider-Man and this trailer confirms some of that is still in there. Do you think it will enhance the character and story or keep away from high-flying action?
We’ll know more soon once Comic-Con begins but, for now, leave your thoughts in the comments.
- ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Director Marc Webb Talks Nerdy Peter Parker and Practical Web-Swinging
- More Photos From ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’
- UPDATED: New ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Images In Entertainment Weekly
- Stan Lee Describes His Cameo in ‘The Amazing Spider-Man,’ Details Action Setpiece in the Process
- Superhero Bits: First Look at Curt Connors, Plus Pepper Potts, Wonder Woman, The Avengers
- ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Set Pics Reveal Oscorp Presence