As of today, the total cost of the bailout is $4.6 trillion. People have a hard time conceptualizing very large numbers, so let’s give this some context. The current Credit Crisis bailout is now the largest outlay In American history. Jim Bianco of Bianco Research crunched the inflation adjusted numbers. The bailout has cost more than all of these big budget government expenditures – combined. In parenthesis are inflation adjusted figures.
• Marshall Plan: Cost: $12.7 billion ($115.3 billion)
• Louisiana Purchase: Cost: $15 million ($217 billion)
• Race to the Moon: Cost: $36.4 billion ($237 billion)
• S&L Crisis: Cost: $153 billion ($256 billion)
• Korean War: Cost: $54 billion ($454 billion)
• The New Deal: Cost: $32 billion ($500 billion)
• Invasion of Iraq: Cost: $551b ($597 billion)
• Vietnam War: Cost: $111 billion ($698 billion)
• NASA: Cost: $416.7 billion ($851.2 billion)
TOTAL: $3.92 trillion
10 Sunday Reads - My easy like Sunday morning reads: • Shaking Up the Market for Municipal Bonds (Barron’s) • Worse Than Marxism? (HumbleDollar) • Business Is Booming for ...
Há 3 horas